Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Capadia Design Challenge



Diane over at Capadia Designs, http://www.capadiadesign.com/2011/05/some-inspiration-and-challenge.html, was hosting a challenge this week based on a take out box from a restaurant. I rotated the image on the box as my design layout for this page.






There wasn't much to journal about, the pictures say it all. So, I used the Rub A Dub nursery rhyme as a springboard to say something fun about these three cousins: Rub a dub, dub. Three cousins in a tub. And who do you think they be? The diva, the shaker, the cupcake baker, Turn 'em out knaves all three!


I used vellum for two of the medium sized circles and mulberry paper for the base behind one. It was fun to revisit these types of papers. They used to be popular about 8 years ago. I still had some in my stash - I used to think they were gold and saved even the tiniest scraps. The little dots running horizontal on each picture were self-adhesive glitter dots. I used buttons on the top L circle and braided, self-adhesive rope in lime green across the middle of the page.


One more page done in getting caught up with the Hailey album. Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun memory for the cousins! I like your adaptation of the poem. I also turned the "sketch" - it just seemed to work better that way. The vellum and mulberry paper look nice - isn't it good to use some of the things we save for "special" and then never seem to use? Thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on Diane's take out box challenge.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete