Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Fast Room!







Little Man wanted a Big Boy Room for his birthday. So in lieu of a big party, we re-did his room. We had to - he'd taken taken his old stuff on his own! The bottom is Lightening McQueen Red, the top is a bright racing blue (it appears sky blue in the pics, but is actually more intense). We found some vinyl "stickers" with the Cars characters to put on the walls and dresser. I got a lamp/alarm clock combo off of Craigslist.
Someday this might be a pain in the rear to paint back over. But I just came from the hospital where we learned that a friend from my teenage years is brain dead. So in this moment, I couldn't be more satisfied with having taking the risk of the bright red. I love the room and so does Little Man. And I am incredibly thankful to God to have had the privilege of making him happy in this way! Take a risk and Start Your (creative) Engines!!!

in this way.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! What a perfect expression of Spencer's vibrant personality. :) You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I agree - make him happy and give him all the loving memories you can. You blink, and they are older and don't want to sit on your lap anymore, don't want you to come to school to have lunch with them anymore. :( I love the room. You did a GREAT job@ VAROOOOM VAROOOOOM!

    P.S. Thanks for your comment on my puppy card. I'm glad you are happy I included the manual page. Come back and visit again some time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great! We too have thought about the horror stories to follow the red in our boys' room- but for now, just enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete